Monday, August 6, 2012

House Manager

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I have always had some sort of title--undergraduate student, law student, clerk, intern, assistant, etc.  Now, I have been relegated to staying at home until I find out whether I have passed the bar.  So, today I coined myself "House Manager."  I think it is a good fit...I am Type A, controlling, forever seeking perfection, etc.  Too bad we don't have a vast estate for me to manage--I can take care of 1200 square feet in a jiffy.  

So what does a House Manager do you ask?  I make sure the house is spic and span, the bills are paid, the pup is groomed, and etc.  There's one task that all house managers must also tackle...cooking.  If you have any sort of personal relationship with me, you know I consider cooking to consist of going to the local restaurant and picking up a to-go bag and bringing it home.  Being that the only option around here for takeout is pizza and chinese, I have decided I might actually have to start conforming to the traditional definition of cooking.  So, tonight, I am cooking in our actual kitchen.  It is a big night around here.  The breadwinner around here wants to eat around 7:30.  I'll report back on whether it is edible. 

If the above two paragraphs sound like I am slowly loosing my mind as a stay-at-home dog mom, I am.  I've now completed all 3 of the Fifty Shades of Grey books.  Is it bad for me to say that I wish there was a fourth?

So, for now, I am going to continue being the House Manager for the handsome breadwinner.  I need more things to manage--just not real babies.          

  

Xoxo,

The House Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment