Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Last Party


Key West Baby.

Key West was a wonderful spring break trip with my sweetie and our friends Lauren & Evan.  As most of you know, Lauren is the matron of honor in our wedding, my law school classmate, and my best friend.  Evan is her hubby.   

For Lauren and I, we are about to begin bar study a.k.a. hell.  So, this was our last hoorah before our lives are OVER.

Zack and I flew to Key West while Lauren and Evan drove the whole way from North Carolina to the very very bottom of Florida (yes, 18 hours).  Zack and I thought that we would kill one another by Atlanta so flying was our best option.

We stayed at the Parrot Key Resort a few miles from the beach.  It had lush landscaping, four pools, and plenty of R&R to be found.  Nice choice loves!

Each night we ventured to a different restaurant to see what kind of cuisine Key West had to offer.  Our best meal by far was chosen by our in-house restaurant connoisseur, Lauren.  "Michaels" was delicious!  Zack and I had the best, best filet mignon and Lauren and Even had two seafood dishes.  I could eat that filet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

Like all visitors to Key West, we spent some time on Duval Street.  We visited the local bars and shopped at the cheesy shops.  Zack did manage to bargain $90 off a pair of Costa sunglasses.  All I could think about doing was shopping for our niece and God baby, Laney.  She ended up with two outfits.  Much to Zack's surprise, I bought nothing for myself.

Lauren and I spent part of one day getting a massage -- mine was GREAT -- Lauren's was rough.  But, at least, we ditched the boys for a bit.  They were unruly while we were gone.  They schemed a way to sneak contraband (beer not purchased from the bar) into the pool area.  They saved us mucho dinero though!!! 

 In the hotel suite, Zack also attempted to do a 360 spin for Lauren, Evan, and I.  The key words here are "attempt."  Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't have to worry about him performing with the Nutcracker anytime soon.

I should end this by noting that Lauren purchased something for everyone in our office.  [Note: Lauren and I work for attorneys that share space.  So, we get to spend almost everyday together].  She is always making me look bad.  This girl has always got it together.  Exactly why she's my bff and matron of honor! 

Now, our trip in pictures...

 
 
The view from our room.
 
Get it boys!
 
 
Hot mama.
 
I love Zack's smile here.

Isn't he just adorable?

Can I go back please?  I don't want to be a big girl; I don't want to take the biggest exam of my life; I just want to be little Rachel.

One final comment: My heart smiles when I look at Zack in these pictures.  He has worked tirelessly for the last few years to put me through law school, put a roof over my head, and put a ring on my finger.  He's my provider, supporter, and cheerleader.  He works 12 hours a day (or more).  To see his big toothy grin in all of these pictures makes me so happy.   

Xoxo,

R.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you guys had fun! I love reading about your experiences....and your life with my first born! I love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet!! We had an amazing time and hopefully we can do it again sometime once we (hopefully) become big time attorneys!! Love this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this post! I used to go to Key West every year, amazing place! Love that you love and appreciate Zack so much--so refreshing! xo Katrina

    ReplyDelete