Monday, April 30, 2012

City Girl in a "Strike City World"


Last Tuesday was my last day at The Law Office of Kate A. Rech.  I worked there for a good part of law school.  I had been giving Kate, my boss, a hard time for months about my "pending retirement."  I don't quit anything so saying that I was "quitting work" sounded awful.  Even though I have a valid excuse...good ole bar study.  

When I arrived at work Tuesday morning, I came bopping in wearing a dress and wedges.  I noticed that Kate grinned and said, "You sure are dressed up today."  Well, I thought that I was wearing the norm.  Come to find out, she and the Office Manager (her hubby) had other plans than a day of traditional office work.  On the way to lunch, I was told we were going bowling at Strike City (yes, Kate came up with the title of this post).  [For my out-of-town folks, Strike City is a bowling alley in Uptown with big flat screen tvs, lots of tables, and plenty of alcohol].  They forgot to mention on the way there that they were professional bowlers.  We got there, got our shoes on, and started bowling.  Every time Kate and Bryce threw the bowling ball down the lane it found its way to the pins.  Me, on the other hand, well, I was lucky to make it half way without it falling into the gutter.  By Game 2, I was picking up steam and even managed to get a strike.  I felt like I had two proud parents cheering for me.

In the end, I had a wonderful time.  They even sent me along with a beautiful Tiffany's necklace.  Kate and Bryce, if you are reading this, I wish the firm, your family, and sweet baby "L" all the best.      

Now, some pictures:
(excuse the iPhone photo quality)

[Such a stylish outfit]


 
Kate on the left and Bryce on the right.

Back to the books...

No comments:

Post a Comment