Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Engagement Pictures

My photographer, Kristin Vining, is the bomb.  Literally, her work amazes me - it is fresh, unique, and personal.  When you meet her, you feel like you've known her for years.  Her Uptown studio is a girl's dream.  After I got engaged, I researched, emailed, and followed numerous photographers, but I always came back to Kristin.  Once I actually met her, I booked her within the week.  If you're engaged, married, old, whatever...find a reason to use her.

So, Zack and I scheduled our engagement pictures for February 4th.

The Friday before the shoot I went shopping with Lindsey Regan Thorne.  She is a style guru, makeup artist, hair stylist, and, well, really, whatever she touches turns to gold.  Example 1: My hair and makeup in our photos.  We hit up Southpark looking for the perfect outfits, accessories, shoes, and etc.  Boy, she was patient with me and my insecurities.  After a few hours and a yogurt, I had all of the goods for our shoot for both Zack and I.  I should mention we bought everything without Zack trying it on.  The only thing that failed was his blazer, which turned out to be mislabeled.  Lindsey is quite possibly one of the sweetest people you will ever meet and so incredibly humble.  Like Kristin, hire her.    

I should mention that Zack was less than excited about this whole engagement picture idea.  I almost had to result to bribery.  Good thing he loves me!  (Plus, KV has a secret stash of beer).

On the morning of the 4th, Zack and I got up and went the gym, had coffee, and peered outside to see that it was raining.  Yes, pouring.  A monsoon had come to town.  It wasn't long before LRT and KV were calling me and I knew, just knew, we were going to have to reschedule because we were doing one in studio look and one look outside.  After some pouting and hesitation on my part, Kristin told me to kick it in gear and meet her and LRT at the studio.  So, I met them at the studio to start hair and makeup and Zack headed to Southpark to exchange his too small blazer that we tried on him at the last minute.  Once Zack made it back and we were ready, it was time to get in front of the lens.  Talk about terrifying!

We had to "work it."  I am awkward on a good day.  But, somehow Kristin took this city girl and country boy and turned us into the below:

 
 
 
All photos copyright of Kristin Vining Photography.

Kristin's adorable twins (twinks, twinkies) were at our shoot.  Zack and I would like clones of these two.  I fell in love with the two of them and got big hugs at the end of the day!

One last piece to this story...my mom married my biological father, Walter, on February 4, 1984.  So, we had our pictures taken 28 years to the date that my parents got married.  My daddy passed away when I was six years old so I am blessed to share such a special date with him.  (My mom remarried to Mike, my dad, my rock, and our blessing sent from heaven).  Mine and Zack's anniversary will be one day after their anniversary.    

This week I will try to go through all the clothes, jewels, and accessories we wore.  The shoes I wore will get their own post!!!  

But, for now, I am left thinking...DARN...my future husband is HOTT.    

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love Kristin too! She does great work! Can't wait to see your wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete